Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I'm So Lazy


Does my finger smell funny to you? Posted by Hello

So its been awhile, I know. Summer gets like that. Is it the nice weather, the more relaxed work expectations, an increase in planned social gatherings, or the general malaise that summer creates? Your humble author thinks that’s it’s a combination of the above factors.
During the school year it was easy to hammer-out a post or five a week. There always was some sort of school work that I was trying to avoid - and blogging is a great form of procrastination. Besides, it doesn’t take much to compete with Statutory Interpretation reading.
Because it would be almost impossible to write a long coherent post, I will attempt to entertain you with some short random thoughts I had over the last week or so.

1. Mike Tyson is officially done. After losing to some poor journeyman schmuck he needs to hang it up permanently. I’ve had many opinions about Tyson over the years, now all I feel is pity.
2. Ding-dong Bolton’s dead. Everyone’s favorite scandalous Senate majority leader Dr. Bill Frist decided today to not schedule anymore votes on John “The Hammer” Bolton’s nomination as U.N. ambassador. Can I get-ta hell-ya?
(Stopped here at 9 a.m.)
(Restarted around 4 p.m.)
3. Oh, but that was this morning. Frist met with Bush (probably for lunch), and now he has vowed to push for a floor vote on Bolton’s nomination. See what happens when Republicans speak without calling the official republican party talking points hotline first. Here’s some bacon to go with the egg on the face Frist-y. Ah those republicans, always ‘flip-flopping,’ never sticking to their decisions.
4. I recommend to everyone to check-out Comedy Central’s website (www.comedycentral.com). The best feature, you can watch clips from “The Daily Show with John Stewart.” That man is a freaking comedic genius. This is a great way to stay caught-up on one of my favorite shows without having to keep a TV schedule around. How did I get by before the internet again?
5. The Twins will be fine. In fact, I would still bet on them to win the AL central for the fourth consecutive time.
6. Unfortunately I missed most of the U.S. Open, but I was so glad to hear that Tiger didn’t win. Not that I think he’s a bad guy, but I think that it is better for the long-term health of golf if he doesn’t win every major tournament.
7. The storm that rolled through the Twin Cities on Monday afternoon was crazy. It was dark as night, the streets were flooded, and tree branches were falling. All it needed was Charlton Heston on a hill with stone tablets to complete the end-of-times feel.
8. I wish I could be in three places at the same time - all the time.
9. Waunakee, Wisconsin is a beautiful place - visit it if you get the chance.
10. The best part of my job? I get to read police reports. You couldn’t even make most of the stuff I read up. I wonder how some of these people make it through their daily lives. And I don’t mean that in a condescending-sort-of-way, it is more of a shock-and-awe reaction. I seriously wonder.
11. Spaceballs is one of the best parodies of all time.

2 Comments:

At 6/22/2005 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good tim in my adopted hometown of Waunakee. But a beautiful place? I've found it looks best in your rearview mirror.

 
At 6/22/2005 8:53 PM, Blogger Gopher-Goof said...

Well, Ambular just informed me that I actually didn't get to see Waunakee. So I guess the jury is still out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine