Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday, Monday, Monday

There are times when I love my life. I cherish those moments when it seems like I have some sort of secret advantage over the rest of the general public. Mondays have always been one of those days.

Often, on my drive to work or school, I hear something like “It’s going to be a beautiful day, too bad it wasn’t like this on the weekend.” Well, Mondays are a quasi-weekend for me. I get to ditch-out of work early and traverse the twin cities (from NE St. Paul to Wayzata) to play golf at Spring Hill. I know how fortunate I am, and thank the powers that be for the tremendous privilege that I most certainly do not deserve.

It is so very relaxing to drive along knowing that the rest of the productive society is working hard. It is much easier to be in a good mood when your destination is a spectacular golf course instead of an office. It is good for the soul.

If anyone can work out a Monday afternoon escape, I highly recommend it. Whether it be: golf, couch, movie, canoe trip down the Mississippi with Gates, or anything else your heart desires. It surely makes Mondays a bit more palatable, and helps the rest of the week pass by just a little smoother.

FORE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine