Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ranting Randomness

Do people get an ego-boost from explaining menial tasks to others in an overly tedious fashion? A clerical staff member I work with seems to get some sort of joy out of it.

I admit, being the new-guy puts me at the bottom of the knowledge totem-pole, but once I’ve been told how to do something once... I get it. Please do not tell me three (3!) times that I need to use green highlighter on a certain entry. Don’t explain the difference between green and yellow highlighters twice in the span of 3 minutes. I mean seriously. If that is how you inflate your ego – you’ve got issues, and if that is all the faster your mind moves – then it’s a wonder you’ve made it this far.

Sorry just a little tired today and patience is a scarce commodity on a good day.

Interesting fact that may only interest me:*

New Vikings owner Zygi Wilf listed his favorite TV shows in a 6-2-05 Pioneer Press article:

"I'm a big 'Seinfeld' fan,'' Wilf said. "I like 'West Wing.' I always love watching 'Law and Order,' 'The Sopranos' and 'Curb Your Enthusiasm.' ''
If he had said he had every episode of "Punky Brewster" on DVD, it might be cause for concern. But he seems to know good comedy and good drama.


If one’s taste in TV shows is any barometer, then Zygi “Triple Word Score”* Wilf will be a great owner.

* Stolen idea from Peter King’s Monday Morning Quarterback column on SI.com.

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2005 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what is the orange highlighter for? Do you know that one, smart guy?

 
At 6/02/2005 1:05 PM, Blogger Gopher-Goof said...

Oh no, there is an orange one too?! It is all so confusing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine