Thursday, June 09, 2005

Gone & Hit


A close approximation of the type of damage inflicted on the Bu.  Posted by Hello

Item #1:

The other day I was going through some of my favorite links on my old computer. Some were nostalgic blasts from the past, others were reminders of interests lost, and one was a great site forever gone.

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dcushman/Peacemakers/

This link used to bring me to an impressively put together o-mage to one of my favorite bands: Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. And one of my favorite features was a comprehensive list of guitar tabs for their songs. Whoever was responsible for putting the site together paid attention to every detail, absolutely loved the band, and (judging by the "uoregon.edu" in the address) was a college student with a lot of free-time to devote to the creation and upkeep of a good website. It is such a shame, considering all the hours of work that were spent chronicling a vast collection of facts, pictures, and tabs.

Item #2:

I need some advice. I had to attend a 2 hour 'diversity training' at St. Thomas, it was mandatory for all St. Paul city employees. On the way home, in order to avoid traffic, I was attempting to improvise my way on back-roads. As I drove north on Cretin, I noticed that the road ended about 2 blocks ahead. I decided to make a left turn into a parking lot, turn around, and continue on my way. A white Nissan Pathfinder had turned into the same lot just ahead of me. I followed it into the lot at safe distance when it suddenly stopped in the middle of the driveway/entrance of the lot and started backing-up. I pounded on my horn... but to no avail CRUNCH.

So I pull into the lot and survey the damage. Nothing major, just a large scratch on the lens of the headlight and a couple of half inch gashes on the tip of the front quarter-panel. The woman who hit me was nice enough; she apologized and gave me her insurance info.

Now, what do I do? While the Bu (see: "111,111" March Archive) is not a new car, I do love her as much as one can realistically love an inanimate object. The damage is just cosmetic so it’s not necessary to fix, but on the other hand this was not even a little bit my fault. The Bu's assailant admitted that she knew better than to back-up without looking.

What would Jesus/Eric Estrada/Brain Boytano/you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine