Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Bar Exam: My Greatest Challenge

I apologize for my absence. I know how all my faithful readers hang-on every word I type. Some of you probably can’t even find the strength to get out of bed in the morning without your daily dose of tripe. Well fear not, the end of the MN Life dry spell is almost over.

For those who don’t know I’ve been consumed lately with bar exam preparation. I am trying to cram as much legalese into my cranium as possible. The problem is, each wrinkle of the law I mange to squeeze in pushes another nugget out. Just when I learn hearsay, I forget personal jurisdiction. When I finally grasp negligence, I lose the Statute of Frauds. It is a never ending battle to learn, compartmentalize, and understand the various intricacies of the law. My brain is literally throbbing, pushing against the inside of my skull.

Please do not feel sorry for me. I’ve brought this torment upon myself and hopefully someday I will be rewarded handsomely for it. But it just isn’t much fun. The test isn’t until Tuesday and I already have butterflies in my stomach. I’m not sleeping or eating that well, the stress is taking its toll. Learning the law and becoming a lawyer is nearly as taxing upon the body as it is the mind.

I must solider-on undaunted, undeterred, unwavering. I must harness the fear, anxiety, and doubt and turn them into my allies. All I can do is give it my best effort, and hope that the things I cannot control go my way. Pass or fail I will be better off for having been through the gauntlet. My resolve, having been tested and tempered, will be galvinized.

And like all of life’s difficult moments, this too shall pass.

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2006 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have taken and passed the bar. It is no big deal. The more you relax, the better. If you drink, I highly suggest contiuning to at night up until the bar... or do whatever you need to do to relax. Too much studying is the worst thing you can do.

 
At 7/25/2006 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, no pressure, I just wanted to let you know that I am holding off on endeavours of dubious legality until you pass.

Then I'll be all like "Whatever coppa! My buddy is a lawyer. I'll ride this miniature pony wherever I feel like it! I'll do what I want!"

... I've said too much.

DS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine