Thursday, July 13, 2006

Damn It Is Hot!

For anyone, unfamiliar with Minnesota, who may stubble across my humble blog: it is ridiculously hot today. And by hot I mean hot and humid, none of that “dry heat” that Arizona boasts. No this is rainforest hot, sweat through your shirt hot. And tomorrow the mercury will be even higher. We’re talking about 105+ degree heat indexes, instant sweat the moment you step out doors; plenty of swass to go around. It is so hot the breeze feels like it is being pumped out of a forced-air furnace.

Hot steamy summer days in Minnesota make me think of one of my biggest pet peeves… people who make lame, ignorant, insulting, over-generalizations.

I never understood how some (obviously, not all or I would be making a lame, ingnorant, insulting, over-generalization) east and west coasters (some I’ve met, some I’ve only had the privilege of seeing on various reality shows) could be so oblivious to “fly-over land” that they actually thought it was cold in Minnesota all the time. It is understandable if “coasters” don’t know much about this great state, in fact I prefer it that way. But just like the girl named Cecilia, who must endure endless no-so-clever references to the Simon and Garfunkel song of the same name, I’m tired of ignorant-snobs attempting humor (or worse: showing their lack of knowledge) by asking “Isn’t it cold all the time in Minnesota?”

Oh yea, that is sooooo funny. I never heard that one before. You should take that routine on the road Chuckles.

Maybe I’m just cranky from studying for the bar exam. Maybe the heat is getting to me a little bit, I don’t know. But in any event, all you knuckle-dragging, coast-dwelling idiots have been warned. (and hopefully a little informed)

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I'm wearin' my stocking cap and snowshoes, eh.

 
At 7/14/2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

and I just had to dig my car out in St. Paul...

Really, they are ignorant of so much else -- why not think we also live in igloos and hunt polar bears for food??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine