Friday, April 14, 2006

Fighting Mondales Friggin' Rule

There was a grudge match last Friday night at Ridder Arena. The Fighting Mondales mixed-it-up with the Fighting Eelpout of Billy Mitchell. (Or Bitchell for short) Good times were had by all, even though the Mondales came-up on the short end of the final tally.

I’m ashamed to admit that this was the first time I was able to watch the pride of Mondale Hall in action. But as a kid I was hit in the head with a hockey puck (explains a lot), it instilled an unnatural fear of small black rubber disks and men in breezers. Actually, I’ve always been jealous of hockey players. Basketball is fun, but as a Minnesotan hockey will always have special place in my heart. Most people would admit they wish they could play hockey, the rest are lying.

Suyo, Gates, Sven, Kris, Katie and I were chilln’ in the seats and the Mondales were entertaining on the ice. Leishman made a hell of a move to score the first Mondale goal. It was quite crafty.


There was even a dust-up midway through the game. Any time a couple of rivals square-off you are bound to have a little ‘tussel,’ it’s an indispensable element.



I want to send a shout-out to all my fellow 3Ls on the team: Freeman, Hanson, Reif, Schultz, Drewes, Widstrom, Olson, Leishman, Homuth, VanOverbeke, DeCourcy, Swenson, Klug, and Kytola.

For More Pics and Mondale Info Click Here

* Photos by Suyo
* Thank you Jeff for sending me the pics

1 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solid update. Fighting Mondales press is always good press.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine