Monday, April 03, 2006

"Like Carson Daily says… on the TeeVee"

I really enjoy “My Name is Earl.” Can’t say I’m a religious viewer, but I catch it when I can. It has a great premise, the acting is spot-on, and the writing is better than you would expect for a sitcom. “Earl” deftly blends the comedic and the poignant.

For those who haven’t seen it, “Earl” is a show about karma. Earl, played by Jason Lee, wakes up in a hospital bed and has a revelation. Earl realizes that he has been a shyster his whole life and he needs to make amends for his karmic debt. The revelation was spurred by Carson Daily comments on karma.

Sometimes things happen that are hard to understand without factoring in some sort of karmic explanation. I’m not a Buddhist, but the law of karma is intuitively satisfying for both the heart and mind. Karma’s fundamental appeal is reflected through its theoretical reverberations within the teachings of numerous religions and spiritual dogmas.

Last night Ambular and I witnessed pure karmic irony.

We pulled-up behind a red Chevy Blazer. The SUV had obviously been in an accident. The entire bumper and some of the lower body had been crumpled, the damage was consistent with a rear-end collision.

I look a little closer through the rain and notice a small red bumper sticker…

I’m not tailgating…I’m DRAFTING.

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine