Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Balance


Rework'n my Chi Posted by Picasa

Sorry, your humble writer took a sabbatical. I just didn’t feel like / have time to blog anything in the face of my third year of law school. And considering the underwhelming response to my pathetic plea for input from you, my readers, it doesn’t seem I was really missed. (Thank you David for keeping me from the shame that is "0 Comments") But there is no harbored negativity, and I will continue to solder-on in my blogging-quest. Besides, how can I stay mad at you? I don’t even know where to direct the anger.

Balance… to every ying there is a yang, and to every carefree summer there is a regimented school year. A personal quest for the coming year: find a more perfect balance in my life. Be complete and contented.

I hope to balance the bitter and the sweet, books and friends, libraries and bars. I hope my decisions are better. Spending my time efficiency is crucial. As my old high school football coach used to say, “You got’ta beat time to death.”

The third year of law school should be the least intense, and I’m sure it will be, mentally anyway. But the specter of entering that mythical ‘real world’ is the 900 pound gorilla in the corner. He sits patiently, biding his time, ready to pounce on an unsuspecting schmuck. I need to be thoughtful, humble, and diligent. I know I have some work cut-out for me.

But I’m ready… I accept my challenge… breathe… balance.


+ Again I extend to you the invitation: I will post submissions from my readers. Find a good picture… send it to me. Write an essay describing how ecstatic you were about your lunch today. Full credit and praise will be showered upon you. And there 47 virgins waiting for your ascension into the blog-o-sphere, really they’re all right here.

2 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/07/2005 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell am I going to do with 47 virgins?

Sorry I don't comment more, but I figured you get your fill of my input in the real life. I'll try to think of something to write for you, too. Maybe about NYC...

ps You'll be great in the "real world", no worries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine