Friday, August 19, 2005

Do You Feel Lucky?


The Anglo-sexton-centric version.  Posted by Picasa

On the cusp of my 3rd year of law school, I’ve had a lot on my mind. Trying to figure out what I want to do, where I want to do it, and how should I go about doing it. I’ve tried to remember advice from past mentors and put any wisdom I’ve accumulated in 26+ years of life to use.

But the most intimidating part of a future as a lawyer? People will be looking to me for answers. On a basic level, lawyers are nothing more than professional problem solvers. Lawyers are expected to have it all together, provide competent counseling, and deliver people from their most difficult problems. But who am I? Do I have all the answers? Yeah right.

I can’t even keep my own life in order sometimes. A late bill here or forgotten phone calls there provide evidence of my fallibility. Sometimes I wonder how I’ve managed to even get this far. Maybe it was luck seasoned with some hard work… but definitely mostly luck.

I know there really isn’t any need to worry about all of it too much. I’m sure everything will end-up fine. I trust my abilities. And at least I’m not going to be a doctor.

There will be mistakes and setbacks, just as there will surely be moments of joy and success. No matter where I may go… there will be a ying to my yang. Enemies will attack and friends will aid me during my life’s pursuit. So I'll do what I can: spin the wheel, and face life’s next move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine