Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Wrap

Here are a few thoughts about my weekend, and note-worthy happenings in the pop-culture world.

1. Thank you to Dave and Carol for hosting another great party. Hawaii 5-0 is best enjoyed in a Hawaiian shirt sipping a blue Hawaiian in good company. Check, check, and check… and besides… it would have been a shame to miss Mike modeling some of Carol’s finest fashions.

2. Congratulations to Joe and Paula on their new addition: Lucy. She is an absolutely adorable miniature dachshund. Being new to the Twin Cities, there is an expected adjustment period, but it seems like Lucy and her parents are quickly learning how to deal with each other. I wonder if she is as fascinated with them as they are with her.

Lucy is damn cute (as you can see); friends and family have already lined-up to be Lucy’s aunts and uncles. Which is good, because you can’t “board a f*cking showdog, Dude. It has f*cking papers.”

3. Did anyone else notice the Golden Palace.com “streakier” (he wasn’t naked, more of a “disrupter”) at the Olympic closing ceremonies? Joe pointed-out that there was a large time-delay, begging the question: why did NBC show him? Is NBC in co-hoots with Golden Palace? Did the producer realize how boring the closing ceremony is, and add it the snippet for it’s entertainment value? Whatever the reason, it was very strange that NBC gave the clown air time.

4. Kevin Garnett was ejected from the Memphis game this weekend for tossing the basketball into the stands. Now, I will not defend KG for tossing the ball into the stands. He broke a rule and received the listed punishment, cut and dry. The Big Ticket almost immediately realized he made a mistake and appeared to offer an apology to the “injured” “fan.” The last two words are in quotes due the ridiculousness that followed.

Medial personal removed the middle-aged man on a gurney. Come-on man, a lightly tossed basketball hits you in the face, and you need to be wheeled-out of the Target Center? They would have had to tie me down in order to remove me from my second row seats. I don’t care what protocol required, at worst I would have walked myself out. But there is no way I would have allowed anyone to put me on a stretcher. This douche-bag brings new meaning to the term “egg-shell plaintiff.”

2 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 7:42 AM, Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

I gotta think that the whole stretcher bit was the Timberwolves' idea. Hypersensitivity to possible lawsuits and all. Damn lawyers...

 
At 2/28/2006 8:33 AM, Blogger Gopher-Goof said...

Yea, it was the Timberwolves' idea. But still, I would have threatened to sue if they took me out on a gurney. I'm sure the man could have walked out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine