Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The House That Filth Destroyed


Every 10 Year Old Boy's Dream  Posted by Picasa

Today I got to see one of St. Paul's most notorious garbage houses reduced to rubble. (If you do some digging with Google you can find newspaper articles about it. OR... See "The House I Will Never Forget" April 19, 2005 - in the archives)

Watching the backhoe operator move the mighty machine with grace and skill was a sight to behold. Deftly swinging, gripping, and lifting with the arm, the operator made quick work of the former two story home. The lot was completely flat, except for the front steps, in about two hours.

Maybe I read too much Calvin and Hobbes as a kid, but I took some sort of sadistic pleasure in the demolition. How I wish I could have taken-over the controls and terrorized a neighborhood or two. It sure would have been fun while it lasted... *sigh.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine