Saturday, January 06, 2007

The MN Life in 2007: Now With 50% More Topics Per Post

Sorry for the long absence, but the holidays kept me moving and I didn’t run into any topics that I felt I needed to write about. But I’ve never let lack of interesting topics stop me before. So to get my blogging mojo back, here is a schizophrenic multi-topic post. I’ll keep the “dairy portion” to a minimum.

First, the holidays were great. Ambular and I spent a relaxing Christmas in Madison. Ambular’s parents gave us a Bose Ipod docking station. It is sweet. Its size is its best feature. It is 12 inches long, 8 inches tall, and the base is about 6 inches wide. And like every Bose, it pumps-out great sound. It makes home stereo systems obsolete.

Second, Ambular and I had a great time at Carol and David’s for New Years. We could have done without the 3 inches of wet snow, but it was nice to fiiinally get some snow. Many lobsters were consumed and much rocking followed. David did a great job cooking the lobsters; they were a delicious holiday treat.

After enjoying the delicious crustaceans, some of us took turns “rocking” on Guitar Hero II. Carol bought it for David for Christmas. It’s more fun than you think it would be; it’s even entertaining to watch. Now, if they could find a way to combine Dance, Dance, Revolution with Sing Star and Guitar Hero…

We both had a great time, many thanks Carol and David.

Third, it amazes me that Joel Maturi, the University of Minnesota Athletic Director, is still employed. He just fired (or did they “resign?”) Glen Mason and Dan Monson after signing them to large contract extensions not that long ago. These “ooopsies” will cost the U of MN athletic department millions. Few people can make a mistake that costs their employer that kind of money and still keep their job. I’m so jealous of Ambular, PW, Laura, and Mike O. and their Badger pride. It’s been ten years since the Final Four that never was. Since then I’ve been waiting for my alma mater to build a respectful football and/or basketball team… (sigh).

Four, just because we are a blue state, the government is picking on us.

Five, I have a new way to define “Irony.”

Finally, happy New Year to all

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine