Thursday, October 13, 2005

So How Much Is It Going to Cost Me?


It just ain't no fun.  Posted by Picasa

My car’s serpintine belt broke last week. $350 later, my car is back to tip-top shape. Or… at least I think. My knowledge of all things mechanical is fairly minimal. I can handle changing oil, checking my air filter, and keeping my tires properly inflated. Anything else, my car visits a local auto mechanic.

They could be ripping me off, I wouldn’t have any clue. I don’t know engine systems well enough to know what should or should not be fixed. I just have to take them at their word.

“You need a new belt-pulley also.” (Hmmm… belt-pulley, sounds fishy)
“Is it essential?” I ask.
“Yep, it keeps the belt taut.”
“Alright go ahead and fix it.” (I say, resigned to fact that I’m at the mercy of a mechanic.)

It is no fun going to the auto mechanic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine