Thursday, March 26, 2009

But I'm Not Dead Yet

I started this blog for a few reasons. If I am to be completely honest, the main reason was envy. My friend and former roommate Mr. Whiting, was a guest commentator on his friend’s flashy blog.* I was jealous of the creative outlet, and like most lawyers, thought that I had all kinds of interesting options to share with the interwebs.

Unfortunately, I was also painfully aware of how far my writing skills lagged behind my law school classmates. I figured that the easiest way to improve my written prose would be to find a “fun” writing activity that I could enjoy on a regular basis. The MN Life was a great vehicle for this kind of needed self improvement.

Once the ball was rolling, I enjoyed the diversion from mundane legal writing. No fact checking, boring research, or blue-booking. It was also a frequent in class mental-vacation. If one of my law professors was off on a tangent, rambling needlessly, I could tune him or her out and bang-out a quick post.

Then law school ended, most of my blogging-motivation stayed behind with it. But I felt compelled to keep posting. I had started something that I was proud of, and it seemed like a shame to let The MN Life die.

But as you can see, if The MN Life isn’t dead it’s fair to say it has been in a coma for quite a while. Consider this post the equivalent of my beloved blog blinking its eyes. I maintain hope that a full recovery is possible.

But chances are, life** will again get in the way. But I and my blog still have a pulse, and will not go quietly into the night. Will there be periods of silence, absolutely. But expect, at the very least, sporadic posts.

* My envy has since been completely justified. 'Duk is now a bonafide professional blogger for Yahoo Sports.
** and laziness

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/27/2009 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!

I don't think you have to worry too much about finding time to write quality posts - have you read the interwebs? The bar is set very low.

And you have a leg up on everyone else by having good stories to tell and the ability to string a sentence together.

 
At 4/01/2009 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should write more about your beautiful fiance and how much better your life is with her in it. And stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine