Sunday, May 06, 2007

Making Mythical Money On Mauer

I've got a new addiction. As if I didn't have enough on-line time-wasters already. A bunch of sports junkies created a hypothetical stock market where sports teams and players are traded like stocks. You can buy, sell, short, or cover your favorite players' (or team's) stocks.

I'm still relatively new to Protrade.com, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've learned that player values are more about perception than reality. Any injury, no mater how minor, will send a player's stock sliding. Some players and teams are over-priced, inflated by their large viewer markets or general above average popularity.

The problem is, it is way too easy to get sucked in for gross amounts of time. I sit there continually refreshing, following my meager investments. I follow the market movers and read pertinent news.

As I was researching the potential values of a few players I started thinking... if I spent this much time doing actual economic research I could be making real money. At its essence, It is the exact same work. I pour-over box scores, check a few "expert" sources, and try to predict the potential gain or loss.

If you've ever had a hankering to try your luck as a stock trader and you pay way too much attention to popular American sports, then Protrade.com is for you. If you are in the midst of finals... stay away. Aw, who am I kidding? Protrade.com is exactly the kind of psrocrastination-aid that I would have sought out during finals.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine