Friday, November 04, 2005

The Rules


Oh the fun-loving Japanese, and their zany diction. Do they ever think to hire English proofreaders? Posted by Picasa

A Pet Peeve:

There is a Subway within walking distance of my office. As far as quick lunch options go, Subway ain’t bad. It can be healthy and light or hearty and comforting depending on my needs that day. But above all, I like it because it is quick... that is unless someone decides to be inconsiderate.

When some jerk-off pulls out a list of sandwich orders at Subway, anger wells up inside me. I have to fight the urge to make a social scene. Considering I frequent this establishment 2-3 times a week, I bit my tongue.

Don't people realize how much extra time it takes to order a sandwich for someone else? Every "Sandwich Artist's" question it met with a blank stare and a long pause. It's almost as if the sandwich go-for actually tries to search the dusty-areas of their brain in an attempt to remember whether the non-present customer likes salt AND pepper, or just pepper, or no wait just salt, or neither, but maybe they want oil instead.

Seriously though, Subway is NOT the place to send a co-worker with your sandwich order. Especially when you send a co-worker who has trouble making decisions on-the-fly. There should be a TWO sandwich order limit in Subway, if it has to be more than that... PHONE IN YOUR ORDER AHEAD OF TIME.

Breathe, relax, “serenity now.”

4 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, I didn't know you were such a sandwich Nazi.

NEXT!!!

 
At 11/04/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger azurerocket said...

You should submit that to engrish.com It's pretty funny.

 
At 11/05/2005 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boycott subway

 
At 11/07/2005 4:50 PM, Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

I second the Subway boycott. Try ordering a chicken parmesan at that joint. I can only secure a friggin parmesan like 50% of the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine