Friday, January 27, 2006

FOX and Hound


Red-state news  Posted by Picasa

I came home today and turned on the TV. While flipping through the channels I stopped on FOX news. I soon lost interest and started reading blogs. The FOX news continued to drone-on in the background.

Two events jolted my attention away from my favorite blogs:

1. A 60 second clip of Scott McClellan being a smarmy-smartass.

FOX news showed Mr. McClellan making a smart-alec comment about Senator Kerry. (Not that Senator Kerry didn’t deserve some criticism for suggesting he may seek an Alito-nomination filiabuster while he was in the Swiss Alps) Just the way Scott-y said it bothered me. Emblematic of the whole administration, he took a personal shot at Kerry, acting like a six-grader who was very impressed with himself.

I realized nothing displays a media-outlet’s bias more than which McClellan clips they choose to show.

AND...

2. A Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life commercial showing a female firefighter “testifying” how she was glad her mother decided not to have an abortion.

Read about the ad compaign here

Now the whole abortion debate is unlikely to be settled anytime in the near future. And as a man, I always feel like my opinions are less-relevant anyway. But this commercial bothers me because the woman telling the emotional story is an actress. If the MCCL wants to make the point it sets out to make, it should at least find a real person. I guess even the MCCL realizes that sex sells. (The actress is a good looking blonde woman)

Haven’t they learned anything from the whole James Frey incident?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine