Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up


MLK Jr.  Posted by Picasa

Here are a few thoughts that are rolling around in my head today:

1. Have an inspired Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day. Yesterday would have been Dr. King’s 77th birthday; I wonder what he would say today?

2. Tomorrow is the first day of my last semester of school…EVER. Hard to believe I will have spent twenty years (12+5(college)+3) in school, and no one will call me doctor. My parents must be so proud.

3. Pittsburg vs. Indianapolis = unbelievable football. (Here’s the game summary if you want to read it) So many great stories, I had a hard time deciding who to root against. Jerome Bettis needs to send a box of steaks and a case of wine to Mike Vanderjagt and Ben Rothlesburger. Bettis’ hall-of-fame career would have been tarnished by an anti-storybook ending had: 1) Rothlesburger not made a great tackle, and/or 2) Vanderjagt made the field goal. Mike Vanderjagt, meet Scott Norwood. Finally, even Pittsburg fans have to feel a little sorry for Tony Dungy.

4. File this under “Better to be lucky than good,” and “Politicians will do anything for a vote.” Is Finland Laughing at Conan O’Brien?: Mock endorsement of president puts host in political crosshairs

5. Is anyone out there watching the “Flavor of Love”? Who would have guessed that there are beautiful women this desperate to be on TV?(ahem)Where did this “Flavor Flav Mania” come from? Not to be a hater, but he’s short, he always appears to be somewhat drunk, and his style is gaudier than Sha-Sha Gabor and Elton John combined. Don’t get me wrong, Flavor Flav was an A-lister in his day. (roughly 1985-1991) But Public Enemy hasn’t done anything in the last decade. And Flav has been little more than a “Celebreality” star in recent years.

However he did it, you have to give Flav credit. He has reinvented himself, thereby making “FLAV-ER-FLAV!” culturally relevant again. B,C,D, and E list celebrities take note, Flav has shown you the way to harness the power of reality TV to bring-back the spotlight.

Comedic Gold:
Flavor Flav’s “Taste Trial” Miller Lite commercial


YEAAAA BOYYYY!

3 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger samrocha said...

HI! Great Blog! I linked over here on a Blog search, today I posted an article on a perspective on MLK Jr. Day, check it out if you’d like… I've enjoyed reading through your archives, I’d love to establish a reciprocal link with your blog, let me know if you’re interested:

www.debaterelatepontificate.blogspot.com

 
At 1/18/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar said...

Horrible, horrible reffing in that Indy-Pitt game.

 
At 1/18/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Pooh said...

People call me Doctor all the time...Juris Doctor.

(no, they actually don't, because I'd have to slap them if they did...)

Egregiously bad reffing all weekend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine