Monday, April 11, 2005

The Complete Beck Album


Hola, Guero! Posted by Hello

What can I say, I love Beck’s work. There is a Beck CD for just about any and every mood. Feeling depressed? Throw in Sea Change or Midnight Vultures and let the sweet mellow sounds surround and comfort you. Need something a little more up-tempo for your spring backyard BBQ? Then Odelay or Mellow Gold is the prescription.

While the few scattered reviews I’ve read for Guero have been less than positive, I believe that Beck has done it again and produced another CD of great music. This is by far the most balanced CD Beck has ever made. A perfect blend of all of the many musical voices that roam in his wonderfully twisted head. In listening to Guero over and over again this weekend, as I did yard work, I never felt the need to skip ahead to the next song. And for a CD to earn ‘just push play’ ability, is there any higher praise? Hell, there are a lot of my own mixed CDs that don’t even maintain that designation past a week or two. Guero is a pretty damn fine disc.

I especially like: E-pro, Que Onda Guero, Girl, and Scarecrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine