Thursday, December 08, 2005

"In My Life..."


Ironic that Time put a tank on the cover with him.  Posted by Picasa

Twenty five years ago today John Lennon was shot. It was a jarring moment, shaking people from their routines. People remember where they were when John died, in the same way they remember where they were when JFK was shot, the Challenger exploded, or when they first heard about the 9/11 attacks.

I can’t remember where I was because I was only 2 at the time. In a way I’m glad I have no memory of that day. I didn’t have to endure the intense feelings of loss, anger, and disbelief. I didn’t feel the need to ask the unanswerable question: “why?”

John Lennon touched this world with his artistry and compassion. He produced amazing music both as a member of the Beatles and as a solo artist. He spoke of love, peace, and understanding. Even those who did not agree with his philosophies had to respect him for his sincerity and conviction.

The day John Lennon died radio stations across the dial played Beatles songs, and only Beatles songs. It must have been half in tribute to John and half as therapy for his grieving fans. We'll never know for sure, but I do know:

John Lennon was missed the moment he was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogwise - blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine